Thursday, September 4, 2014

Unintended Consequences of a Simple Sign


A while back I read a scholarly study on what makes a megachurch tick. One thing that stuck in my mind was that anything that draws attention to your facility is a good thing. Well, the simple "chalk sign" has, unintentionally, become such a thing. 

I was down at a local restaurant picking up dinner (The Seventh Avenue Grill) and the discussion rolled around to what I do. Mentioning that I was pastor of LBC, the clerk asked which one that is. Saying the big stone church was not very useful as there are several in the area. After a few tries it hit me, "the one with the chalk sign out front" I tried. Eyes lit up. "Oh, yeah, I know that one." 

The simple sign is a success. It is garnering interest ... and a new way to identify our church. Someone has also called about the Bible study, which made me happy as well.  



To learn more about this sign, see the original post: http://lansdownebaptistchurch.blogspot.com/2014/07/simple-signs-for-churches.html
To discover more about the Bag Lunch Bible Study shown on the sign's front, see: http://lansdownebaptistchurch.blogspot.com/2014/07/bag-lunch-bible-studies-wednesdays-noon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment