1) Pray for the war to end!
2) Pray for the family of Mrs Jalila Ayyad who has been killed.
3) Pray for the family who have moved into my house in Gaza.
4) Pray for the Churches who have opened their doors to Muslims in need of refuge.
5) Pray for those who have been traumatized by the incessant bombing.
6) Pray that Christians will be strong in faith and seen as beacons of hope and love.
7) Pray for the organisation of the Food Relief Program with the Bible Society.
8) Pray that, in the midst of war, the believers will know the peace that only Christ can bring.
For the rest of Pastor Hanna Massad's message, please see: http://www.abc-usa.org/2014/07/29/prayer-requests-for-peace/
To explore the American Baptist Churches USA denominational position on peace, I recommend this document "American Baptist Policy Statement on Peace," first written in 1985 and last revised in 2007. It may be read in its entirety at: http://www.abc-usa.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/peace.pdf If your time is short, see pages 7 and 8 for a final summation.
For more on American Baptist Churches USA, see the brief video in the following post: http://lansdownebaptistchurch.blogspot.com/2014/04/american-baptist-churches-usa-serving.html